Bicycle Safety Tips
In order to enjoy your stay in the region, here are a few tips before setting off:
- Carry a valid ID: some routes cross borders.
- Pack enough water and supplies in your panniers.
- Check the weather forecast before leaving and bring appropriate clothes. Sun cream and rain clothes can also be useful.
- Plan your route taking into account the physical condition of each member of your group. Have foresight and do not overestimate your abilities.
- For your safety, wearing a helmet is strongly recommended.
- Carry out a technical review of your bike before you set off and make sure it has all the regulatory equipment (lights, reflectors, bell, brakes, etc.).
- Don’t forget your mobile phone, and charge it before you leave.
- Finally, consider the different currencies. In Germany and France, payments are made in euros (EUR), when in Switzerland, the Swiss franc (CHF) is used.
Dial 112 for any emergency requiring an ambulance, the fire brigade or the police. This is a free European number, also valid in Switzerland.